Maria Montessori was both a well educated and passionate lady; she was the first ever woman in Italy to receive a medical degree. She went on to work with young children and observe the way that they learn independently.
The Montessori method of teaching is a child-centered approach, with children being given the autonomy to explore, and be inspired by their surroundings. Children are encouraged to physically engage with their immediate environment, often with tactile activities that relate to color and shape.
Montessori students get higher grades in Language, Math and Science, and are better at using their time independently and efficiently.
Some famous Montessorians include:
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin – founders of Google
- Jeff Bezos – founder of Amazon.com
- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis – former first lady (John F. Kennedy)
- Sean ‘P.Diddy’ Combs – singer
- Prince William and Prince Harry
- Anne Frank – author, diarist from World War II
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez – Nobel Prize winner for Literature
Please click here for more information on Montessori education.
Please feel free to download our curriculum list below:
Student table of working schedule- Whole-個人工作清單